Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sookie Stackhouse Galore

This is just a quick note that, amid finishing up my scholarly article on Kerouac, which, if I can find someway to shorten, may end up on here, I've taken some much needed break time with wonderful plot-twisters. I recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series, whether you have HBO (where you'll find Trueblood) or not.

They are fun and have bred the idea of the south in this Yank who never considers the bottom states of the country. There are many of them, feels like a dozen by now. Oh, and of course are full of vampires, werewolves, fairies, yes I said fairies, goblins, etc. And some cat fights. Both literal and slaptastic. They are my new unwind tool of choice, jsut finished re-reading All Together Dead and wishing I had the foresight to bring the next to the beach with me. Do yourself a happy and start with Dead Until Dark.





No comments:

Post a Comment